We at Global Electives Port Limited know how crucial the job roles of a pharmacist. To ensure our pharmacy electives program provides the needs of our participants, we have partnered with credible medical institutions and have reached out to the local government to inform them about the on-going medical electives in the areas.
Perks of choosing GEP:
- meet people from other countries
- opportunity to travel and visit some tourist spots
- international and local cuisine
- air-conditioned bedrooms
- private transportation during internship hours
- experience local traditions and cultures
- structured and supervised elective program
GEP assures the security of the interns as the private and secured house. We offer hassle-free medical internship as we provide airport pick up and drop off. Students will never feel alienated as there will be local orientation and some fun afternoon activities.
WHATS INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
In-country support & afternoon activities
Airport pick up and drop off
Structured healthcare program
Local and international cuisine
Private and secured accommodation
STUDENTS GET TO TAKE PART IN:
- Serving patients by preparing medications, giving pharmacological information to multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Preparing medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities
- Controlling medication by monitoring drug therapies and advising intervention
- Dispensing medication by compounding, packaging and labelling pharmaceuticals
- Completing pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technician’s workflow, verifying their preparation and labelling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges and inspections
- Providing pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of healthcare professionals, counselling patients on drug therapies
- Developing hospital’s staff pharmaceutical knowledge by participating in clinical programs, training interns, residents and other healthcare professionals on the content areas you will be assigned. This will ensure you are able to acquire training skills
- Protecting patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols
- Maintaining safe and clean environment by attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed
1. Send an inquiry using the Contact form or book a call.
2. Receive a phone call from our program director to discuss details.
3. Prepare the Registration Fee based on the pricing.
4. Submit the following documents to email@example.com.
- Reference Letter from your school dean/administrator/employer.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recent photo taken within 6 months prior to registration
5. Complete the payment of your Elective Fee two (2) months before your arrival.
6. Book your own flight schedules.
7. Keep your lines open for pre-departure advices.
“GEP receives the highest recommendation. We really did have an amazing experience”
Me and my partner Jessie Zhu decided to go with Global Electives Port for our medical elective in Roxas City. We are normally based in Brisbane, Australia.
We cannot recommend them enough. You’ll be well and truly looked after by April and her partner Nino – it honestly felt like they were our family in the Philippines. They will look after your every need, and will ensure you get to have the elective exactly as you would want it.
The hospital placement was also fantastic. The doctors are extremely kind and friendly towards medical students.
Overall, GEP receives the highest recommendation. We really did have an amazing experience.
Hope to see you soon April & Nino!
“Had an amazing 2 weeks volunteering in the Philippines with GEP”
Had an amazing 2 weeks volunteering in the Philippines with GEP – would thoroughly recommend any dental/medical students wanting hands on experience to do this! April and her team went above and beyond to make us feel welcome as well as to ensure we did everything we wanted! Thanks again!
“Highly recommend this to anyone looking for a quality hands on dental experience”
April and her family made our dental elective an incredible experience. With regards to the dental side, it was organised perfectly. It allowed us to visit the local university where we assisted lectures that educated children, visited the mayor and met other dental students, but most importantly permitted us to make a difference in the local community by being able to treat people from all different parts of Capiz.
April’s family welcomed us with open arms and really made us feel part of the family. They provided us with lovely food everyday, organised transport, trips, tours and activities for us for when we weren’t doing dentistry. They went above and beyond what was needed and I would definitely highly recommend this to anyone looking for a quality hands on dental experience whilst wanting to being able to explore the city.
“I would recommend to any students considering an elective in the Philippines”
Myself and 2 friends organised our dental elective with GEP and I couldn’t fault it! The GEP staff worked hard throughout the 2 weeks we were with them for to make sure we had a lot of hands on experience and a variety of things to do! I would recommend to any students considering an elective in the Philippines.
Thanks again GEP for an unforgettable experience
“Had the best time with Global Elective Port on our ventures in the Philippines”
Had the best time with Global Elective Port on our ventures in the Philippines. We were provided with not only excellent dental experience but also many fun activities. April and the staff went above and beyond to accommodate us and make us feel welcome throughout our stay.
Couldn’t recommend dental and medical students to join the programme highly enough.
“Recommend for any students looking to experience hands on work in the area”
Had an unforgettable experience with April and her family in the Philippines on our dental elective, would definitely recommend for any students looking to experience hands on work in the area and the hospitality we had as a group of 4 students was amazing, thank you!
We're Here To Help!
Bermuda Plaza, Ngong Road
P.O.Box 12971 - 00100, Nairobi, Kenya