Nursing students are required to complete a nursing elective program. The main goal of completing this program is to get an opportunity to practice medical study along with the professionals. Some students prefer to complete their internship abroad-usually in the regions that need more medical assistance.
GEP’s overseas nursing placement offers participants the unique opportunity to gain work experience in some regions in the Philippines and Kenya. There will be challenges that will test your skills and patience. But don’t worry, the local professionals will guide you on every activity.
Perks of choosing GEP:
- meet people from other countries
- opportunity to travel and visit some tourist spots
- international and local cuisine
- air-conditioned bedrooms
- private transportation during internship hours
- experience local traditions and cultures
- structured and supervised elective program
GEP assures the security of the interns as the private and secured house. We offer hassle-free medical internship as we provide airport pick up and drop off. Students will never feel alienated as there will be local orientation and some fun afternoon activities.
WHATS INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
In-country support and afternoon activities
Airport pick-up and drop-off
Structured healthcare program
Local and International cuisine
Private and secured accomodation
STUDENTS GET TO TAKE PART IN:
- Record patients’ medical information and vital signs
- Consult and coordinate with local nurses to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Drug administration
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and treatments
- Assist in preparing rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies
- Assist and deliver newborn babies
- Assist and perform drug administration, inhalation and intravenous
- Provide health care, first aid, immunizations and assistance to schools, hospitals, and rural communities
- Observe and assist to basic medical procedures
- Attend to trainings, seminars and community health rotations
- Engage in research activities related to nursing
1. Send an inquiry using the Contact form or book a call.
2. Receive a phone call from our program director to discuss details.
3. Prepare the Registration Fee based on the pricing.
4. Submit the following documents to email@example.com.
- Reference Letter from your school dean/administrator/employer.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recent photo taken within 6 months prior to registration
5. Complete the payment of your Elective Fee two (2) months before your arrival.
6. Book your own flight schedules.
7. Keep your lines open for pre-departure advices.
We're Here To Help!
Bermuda Plaza, Ngong Road
P.O.Box 12971 - 00100, Nairobi, Kenya