Midwifery is not just about passing the tests – you are required to undergo hands-on activities to prepare you to the real world. Midwives are among health workers responsible for keeping pregnant women and their children safe during delivery. Their responsibilities are crucial among hospitals, thus requiring students to be well-trained and knowledgeable.
Global Electives Program allows participants to work along with hospital staff. We guarantee that electives programs are well-organised ensuring students get the experiences they need.
Perks of choosing GEP:
- meet people from other countries
- opportunity to travel and visit some tourist spots
- international and local cuisine
- air-conditioned bedrooms
- private transportation during internship hours
- experience local traditions and cultures
- structured and supervised elective program
GEP assures the security of the interns as the private and secured house. We offer hassle-free medical internship as we provide airport pick up and drop off. Students will never feel alienated as there will be local orientation and some fun afternoon activities.
WHATS INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
In-country support and afternoon activities
Airport pick-up and drop-off-
Structured healthcare program
Local and International cuisine
Private and secured accomodation
STUDENTS GET TO TAKE PART IN:
- Maternal delivery
- Impart knowledge about caring for infants
- Teach breastfeeding techniques
- Orient locals of family planning
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Immerse in a different culture
At the end of your placement, you will are able to:
- Broaden awareness of healthcare challenges in some parts of the developing countries
- Expose to different culture while acquiring medical experiences.
- Improve problem-solving skills during hands-on medical training.
- Be aware of medical problems facing different groups within another society, and the role of government in healthcare outside of the student’s home country.
- See the reality of working in rural hospitals.
- Improve a wide range of clinical skills in a rural setting.
1. Send an inquiry using the Contact form or book a call.
2. Receive a phone call from our program director to discuss details.
3. Prepare the Registration Fee based on the pricing.
4. Submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reference Letter from your school dean/administrator/employer.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recent photo taken within 6 months prior to registration
5. Complete the payment of your Elective Fee two (2) months before your arrival.
6. Book your own flight schedules.
7. Keep your lines open for pre-departure advices.
We're Here To Help!
Bermuda Plaza, Ngong Road
P.O.Box 12971 - 00100, Nairobi, Kenya