Our Medical Electives Abroad Program
Global Electives Port Limited helps connect students to skilled local professionals aiming to gain invaluable experiences related to their chosen fields, fulfil their electives requirements and improve their skills and knowledge.
Perks of choosing GEP:
- meet people from other countries
- opportunity to travel and visit some tourist spots
- international and local cuisine
- air-conditioned bedrooms
- private transportation during internship hours
- experience local traditions and cultures
- structured and supervised elective program
GEP assures the security of the interns as the private and secured house. We offer hassle-free medical internship as we provide airport pick up and drop off. Students will never feel alienated as there will be local orientation and some fun afternoon activities.
WHATS INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
In-country support and afternoon activities
Airport pick-up and drop
Structured healthcare program
Local and International cuisine
Private and secured accomodation
STUDENTS GET TO TAKE PART IN:
- Record patients’ medical information and vital signs
- Consult and coordinate with medical staff to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Drug administration
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and treatments
- Assist in preparing rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies
- Assist and deliver newborn babies
- Assist and perform drug administration, inhalation, intravenous, and other anesthetics
- Provide health care, first aid, immunizations and assistance to schools, hospitals, and rural communities
- Perform physical examinations, make tentative diagnoses, and treat patients
- Observe and assist to surgeons during operations
- Attend to trainings, seminars and community health rotations
- Work with individuals, groups, and families to plan and implement programs designed to improve the overall health of communities
- Engage in research activities related to medicine
- Observe and perform medical procedures with the medical doctors and staff
Exposure to any of the following Medical Ward:
• Emergency Care
• Inpatient and Outpatient Care
• Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Internal Medicine
• Family Medicine
• Medical Social Work and Nutrition
1. Send an inquiry using the Contact form or book a call.
2. Receive a phone call from our program director to discuss details.
3. Prepare the Registration Fee based on the pricing.
4. Submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reference Letter from your school dean/administrator/employer.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recent photo taken within 6 months prior to registration
5. Complete the payment of your Elective Fee two (2) months before your arrival.
6. Book your own flight schedules.
7. Keep your lines open for pre-departure advices.
We're Here To Help!
Bermuda Plaza, Ngong Road
P.O.Box 12971 - 00100, Nairobi, Kenya